Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Books


I joined the Fall Winter Reading Challenge to push myself to read more books out of my comfort zone and I read all but two. I am very pleased with myself. The only two I didn't read were the last two titles in the non-fiction choices. This is one area I struggle to read. I love stories with happy endings and fun, shopping experiences not information. Anyway, I have been checking out a few more challenges to join for the New Year and I hope you think about joining one as well.




Here were my books:




Fiction:


Never Look Back by Kathy Herman-This was the second book in a series. It was a gift so I need to read book 1 and book 3. Loved how the author kept you guessing who done it.


Blue Heart Blessed by Susan Meissner-Loved this one and so did my mom! A christian based romance that brought tears to my eyes.




Chick Lit:


Tales of a Drama Queen by Lee Nichols-If you love Confessions of a Shopaholic then you will love this book. Elle, the main character, is very endearing and extremely amusing.


Fat Chance by Deborah Blumenthal-Very fun and lighthearted. It gives a different outlook on how a happy ending can end. There was not a lot of diet information since the character went from fat to thin in about 8 weeks. I wished the author had shared that secret!


How Nancy Drew Saved My Life by Lauren Baratz-Logsted-Didn't care for this one.




Non Fiction:


3 Seconds by Les Parrott-Just by giving yourself 3 seconds to think about how you will react to a situation is very powerful.


Called out of Darkness by Anne Rice-Didn't read


The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin-Didn't read




Biography/Memoir:


Stori Telling by Tori Spelling-I love Tori and I loved reading this book. I am a huge fan!


Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster-I laughed just about all the way through this book. You have got to read this one!


Pieces of My Heart by Robert J Wagner-Loved how he told his story of the old Hollywood. I was quite surprised with some of them and laughed at others. I loved watching Hart to Hart growing up.

No comments: