Sunday, September 30, 2007
I am so excited! I received in the mail awhile back notice of the upcoming SB High School Homecoming on Saturday, October 6! They are having a craft show, school tours, and football game with the Band and Brigade performing at half time. My brothers went to this school and I went there for 3 years and because of attendance and other financial reasons the school was closed and I had to go to another school my senior year. I know traumatic! Anyhoo, I have called my friends to let them know I will be there. Also, one of the teachers that I work with, Viv, her sister was my big sister in the drill team. So I still have contact with her. I'll have to dig up some of my old dancing photos and post them. My girlfriends asked me how come I'm not joining the drill team at half time. I don't think I could kick my foot over my head or do the splits anymore! The football game and half time show is quite entertaining, watching grown people acting like they are in high school again. It's cheap entertainment on a weekend!
See you at the game!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Then I hurried to the soccer game, which they won 8-0. I hope the boys have another awesome year! My DS made a goal and did a great job passing the ball to other team members. We had lunch at one of our favorite burger joints. DH had to go downtown for the Astros game, so DS and I went to Toys R US looking for littlest nieces birthday gift. My sister finally decided to celebrate her birthday. She turned one in August. We got her a toddler swing for the swing set that my siblings and I enjoyed growing up. My sister got the swing set when she moved into her home and had the first grand baby between her and I.
Also, I want to share with you another thrifty find. I found these bushel baskets and can't wait to fill them with fall foliage. I will be heading to the garden store soon. When I get them filled, I will show you. I must admit I got the idea from the very talented and creative Tina at Cherry Hill Cottage. She had found some earlier in the month and I had been searching for some at my thrift stores. Please go visit Cherry Hill Cottage, just click on her link in my Daily Inspirations, when you get a chance.
Friday, September 28, 2007
2. Pickles on your hamburger?
3. Baked potato: with everything or ______.
4. The perfect meal ______.
5. Martinis, wine, beer or ___.
6. Your favorite pirate is (technically not food, but still yummy) ____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to ___, tomorrow my plans include ___ and Sunday, I want to ____.
1. I'm a girl~chocolate!
2. I like everything on my hamburger!
3. Baked potato with everything, even chopped beef!
4. The perfect meal is with friends and family with good conversation and laughter!
5. I prefer a cool glass of sweet tea!
6. Your favorite pirate is Johnny Depp!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to soccer practice being over and catching up on my shows on the DVR, tomorrow my plans include a soccer game and pedicure and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy the day with my DS!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
The sunflower pillow will grace my porch in the Fall. And the beach cabana will have a spot in the rocking chair during the summer. I'm on the lookout for more pillows, one for each month and/or holiday.
Are you ready for the weekend?
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Saturday, September 22, 2007
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car), Hannah Jeep
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie), Mint Chocolate Chip Sugar
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name), C-GAL
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal), Red Bear
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born), Kaye Houston
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first), Galcy
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink), The Black Cosmopolitan
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers), Ernest Elmer
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy), Lovely Musketeer
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ), Ernestine Clyde
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter), Goodfriend Grand Rapids
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower). Autumn Tulip
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Watermelon Pajamay
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree), Doughnut Oak
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”), The Scrapbook Rain Tour
Leave a message for me to check out yours if you do this too!
Friday, September 21, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Another view of the food tableThanks for looking! Hope your week is off to a great start!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
There was some speculation as to what exactly it was. Some thought it was from a church used for communion, others thought it was for camping. Well, in the September Country Home magazine, in the cool junk section, they have one pictured. They say its a camping tin. It breaks apart into several sections. In the magazine they have it re purposed as a catch-all-organizer.
I gave this one to my mom. She was happy to receive it. I think she has been wanting one for awhile. Mom and Dad filled it with homemade cookies to take on our trip to Missouri. We all enjoyed those delicious sweets.
We will be heading to the dog park later today so Devil Dog can run and play. And then get ready for the up coming week. I hope you are enjoying the last bit of your weekend!
Friday, September 14, 2007
1. I met him/her ___________.
2. We dated _______ before we got engaged.
3. I knew he/she was the one ________________.
4. The thing I like best about him/her _____________.
5. When he/she proposed _______________.
6. The song we had/want at our wedding ____________.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to ____. Tomorrow my plans include ___, and Sunday I want to ____!
1. I met him at College.
2. We dated 2 years before we got engaged.
3. I knew he was the one because it just felt right. And he spoils me!
4. The thing I like best about him is his commitment to me, us and our family.
5. When he proposed it was outside my parents house. Nothing very romantic. I knew it was going to happen so every time we would go somewhere I thought, this is it, but it wasn't.
6. The song we had/wanted at our wedding, we couldn't decide on one so we went with old songs that were in older family members weddings. These songs were played during the ceremony as we didn't have music and dancing at our reception-not allowed at the church.
7. And as far the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a movie on the couch. Tomorrow my plans include going to a friends house in Katy and then a date with my DS, and Sunday I want to take Devil Dog to the Bear Creek Dog Park.
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
1. Meeting Mickey Mouse and his friends.
2. Riding rides that are fun and that remind you of Disney movies.
3. Fabulous themed hotels that are spacious and comfortable.
4. Parades that bring a smile to your face and have you clapping and singing on the sidelines.
5. Shows that are of Broadway quality.
6. Food that is fun to eat like Mickey Mouse waffles and ice cream bars.
7. Parks that offer something for everyone.
8. Cast members that are friendly and helpful.
9. A Main Street that is lined with quaint building preparing you for a fun filled time.
10. Transportation to move you around from place to place and not having to worry about how to get there and where to park.
11. Shopping til you drop especially in the Downtown Disney area. The largest Disney store is located here.
12. People watching and wondering what were they thinking!
13. Cooling off at a special themed hotel pool.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! This is where I got the idea from.