Monday, February 25, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
2. I love a good cup of hot chocolate when I'm cold.
3. I often use my camera.
4. I'm reading The Amen Sisters by Angela Benson right now; I really am enjoying it.
5. Money is something I dislike talking about.
6. When I visited Disney World I most looked forward to seeing Epcot.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching my DVR shows tomorrow my plans include a stamp camp, dog birthday party and Bunco and Sunday, I want to celebrate my sisters birthday.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Christmas It says Peace on Earth
Monday, February 18, 2008
Thank you for playing this month and be sure to stop by the first Monday of March to see what book is up for grabs next month.
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Name on thing that is unique about you.**I have a high level of patience
Fill in the blank: My favorite ___hobby__ is __scrapbooking__ but I like __stamping__ too.
What type of wood do you have for your home's furnishing?** I like lighter woods and painted wood and husband likes darker woods.
Who do you talk to most often on the phone? **It's a toss between my sister and LC.
What level of responsibility do you have in your job? **I'm a seond grade teacher and have to make sure my students meet the grade level expectations.
Four Foods on Friday #17
1. What's your favorite potato chip? Baked Lays
2. Do you use butter, margaine, both or neither? Both
3. What is your favorite mixed alcohlic (or virgin) drink? sweet tea
4. What's you favorite vegetable and how do you prepare it? Sweet potatoes-either in a casserole or just bake it with butter and cinamon.
1. What was your favorite outside childhood game? My sister, neighborhood friend and I played Charlie Angels on our bikes.
2. How about board games? Do you have a favorite? Clue, Sorry and Monopoly
3. Do you play any PC games? Online or offline? If so what is your favorite? If not, is there one out there you want to try? Cubis and Cubis 2
4. Gaming Stations-there are so many out there and I don't know jack about them! Do you have one or more and which ones? XBox, XBox 360, Playstation,etc. My son has a gameboy, PSP and game cube. I don't play any of them. We are thinking about a Wii for his upcoming birthday.
Friday Fiver: When the sun beats down
1. Favorite shoes~flip flops
2. What time does the sun set near you?~right now about 6
3. Do you like spending time in the sun? Yes, I was a sun worshipper in my teen years.
4. Do you burn or tan? I usually burn the first time in the sun each season and then start to tan.
5. Monopoly: yay! or no way!~ yay!
2. I'm going to look for new jeans this weekend.
3. Amazing Grace is a song whose lyrics have meaning to me.
4. Just one sip and I was hooked.
5. Home with my family is where I'm happiest.
6. I believe that love is a necessary part of life.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to Target tomorrow my plans include a basketball championship game and then shopping and Sunday, I want to go to church and then play in my scrap room.
It's been a fun and busy week for me. We had a field trip, party and many guest speakers this week at school. We celebrated Education Go Get It week. We had guest speakers from the Spanish news station, police department and fire department. Today the students got to dress up as a career that they would like to be when they grow up. We had many give aways of pencils, bookmarks and t-shirts from local colleges. So looking forward to my weekend.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I used my sizzix to cut out the 24 tags and then stamped the greeting and picture and inked along the edges. I used a SU set. Then used ribbon from my stash to tie on the tags.
Next I took the tags and adhered the tags to the candy bar. I have several male co-workers and had to find some papers that weren't too girly. I found this lovely plaid and polka dots. I hope they like it. I asked DH if he would like to take some to his work but he thought it would be funny giving valentines to the ladies in his office. He didn't want to send out the wrong message. I just love him!
I hope you are having a great day and would like to know what you are making for your Valentine treats this year.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
I don't think I have shared these items with you yet. I purchased these before Christmas and just never got around to posting them. I found this sweet plate with a Bless This House saying. I love the pink flowers and looks lovely in my living room. The seashell collection is going to my classroom for my students to examine up close with loupes. I have a Science center in the classroom and they love looking at objects up close and writing about them.
We have had a busy weekend with a basketball game, baseball practice and other errands that we needed to get done. I thought I was running from one place to the other all weekend.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
Friday, February 08, 2008
2. San Francisco is a place I always wanted to visit and haven't made it there yet.
3. I've fallen in love with flavored water.
4. Six of one, is always good for great fitting t-shirts.
5. Addiciton is all around us in one form or another.
6. The kids crack me up!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to starting my new book, tomorrow my plans include a basketball game, running errands and Sunday, I want to go to church and then finish my Valentines for work.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
1. Philamagic~A great 3-D movie that has characters from lots of Disney movies and great special effects.
2. Country Bear Jamboree~Most people think this show is hokey but I love it. Your foot will be tapping to the country tunes played by the Bears.
3. Tikki Room~We couldn't get to this one on our past trip. The birds are very entertaining.
4. American Adventure~A great history lesson on our country's progress.
5. Talk with Crush~Our first time to do this one and we will go back. Crush can some how see who he is talking with and has some really good questions.
6. Lights, Motor and Action~A great car and motorcycle stunt show. The boys were on the edge of their seats. Very loud and fire explosions, what every boy likes!
7. Beauty and the Beast~A great mini version of the show.
8. Voyage of the Little Mermaid~A great mix of real characters and puppets.
9. Indiana Jones~A fun stunt show.
10. Muppets 3-D~I love the Muppets and this movie is great!
11. Flights of Wonder~A informative bird show.
12. Finding Nemo~A very interesting presentation of Nemo.
13. Festival of the Lion King~The show rocks! It has everything from dancing, music and gymnastics.
Monday, February 04, 2008
Rose longs for suitors and new tea dresses while Cassandra scorns romance: "I know all about the facts of life. And I don't think much of them." But romantic isolation comes to an end both for the family and for Cassandra's heart when the wealthy, adventurous Cotton family takes over the nearby estate. Cassandra is a witty, pensive, observant heroine, just the right voice for chronicling the perilous cusp of adulthood. Some people have compared I Capture the Castle to the novels of Jane Austen, and it's just as well-plotted and witty. But the Mortmains are more bohemian--as much like the Addams Family as like any of Austen's characters. Dodie Smith, author of 101 Dalmations, wrote this novel in 1948. And though the story is set in the 1930s, it still feels fresh, and well deserves its reputation as a modern classic. --Maria Dolan --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Friday, February 01, 2008
2. I'm sick of being sick.
3. Today at work I had fun with my students.
4. What's all the hype over Britney all about?
5. If I make a mistake I try to fix and learn from it.
6. When I woke up this morning, I thought BRRR it's cold.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a movie from Netflix, tomorrow my plans include brunch, basketball game, baseball practice and a birthday party at Itz and Sunday, I want to go to church and then to our friends house for a Super Bowl party.