Friday, October 31, 2008
2. My son reading is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is winning something in the Bloggy Carnival.
4.My job is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people will be voting in this election.
6. Dog food was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the fall festival at my sisters church, tomorrow my plans include getting up early and heading to Canton to shop the Market Days and Sunday, I want to travel back home from Tyler with all my fabulous purchases!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
2. At home in bed is where I want to be.
3. How does one function when your head is in a fog?
4. My husband keeps me on track.
5. Please don't talk so loud.
6. My son fills me with joy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to bed, tomorrow my plans include reading and a craft show or two and Sunday, I want to rest!
If you didn't notice I am not feeling well. Not sure if its allergy related or if I'm getting the nasty bug that is traveling around our school.
Have a great weekend!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sunday was the usual church and then a craft show and then hanging with my guys. My guys are so good to me. I didn't have to cook all weekend and they even set up a chair massage for me. Oh, I have a secret pal at church and see gifted me this perfect pitcher form Crate and Barrel. It makes me smile. I'll snap a picture soon and share.
This week will be busy at school due to parent/teacher conferences and getting grades entered for report cards. So I tried to plan easy and quick items to cook since I know I will be at school late most nights.
Here is our plan:
Monday-Easy Onion Chicken and rice
Thursday-Grill Cheese and Tomato Soup
Friday-Pizza and Salad
Friday, October 17, 2008
2. Several magazines or a book is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must work hard.
4. I hate being alone is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have a new fabulous necklace that I purchased last weekend at the Scarecrow Festival.
6. Hope floats. (I love movies with Harry Connick, Jr in them.)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to the mall with my son, tomorrow my plans include Fall Cosmetic Day at Nordstroms and then watching Harry Connick, Jr's new movie on Lifetime and Sunday, I want to attend the Sami Show in Katy!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I saw plenty of these, damage done from the dishwasher. I just left those on the shelf.
A stack of chick lit books, snowmen ornaments and a pink bunny.
Friday, October 10, 2008
2. Otila's Verdes Enchiladas is a recipe I recently made (or meal I recently ordered) that was delicious!
3. It's time for Fall Festivals.
4. Sonics Route 44 Fountain Drink is quite refreshing.
5. If I never hear the word election again, it'll be too soon.
6. To one side of the curving road was a mountain, and on the other was another mountain.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to celebrating my moms birthday and a three day weekend, tomorrow my plans include a festival and the zoo and Sunday, I want to go to Chappell Hill for the Scarecrow Festival!
Thursday, October 09, 2008
You can join too! Just make a list of books you plan to read this Fall on your blog. Then check back on Dec. 20 and tell how you did in reaching your goal. Click over here to join.
I usually get stuck in one genre(Chick Lit) so this will be pushing me out of my comfort zone. I picked 4 genres to read. I may have planned more than I can read since I have reading for work to do as well, but I'm giving it a try.
Here are my books:
Never Look Back by Kathy Herman
Blue Heart Blessed by Susan Meissner
Tales of a Drama Queen by Lee Nichols
Fat Chance by Deborah Blumenthal
How Nancy Drew Saved My Life by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
3 Seconds by Les Parrott
Called out of Darkness by Anne Rice
The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin
Stori Telling by Tori Spelling
Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster
Pieces of My Heart by Robert J Wagner
Check out what everyone else is reading over at Callapidder Days!
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
This project I found while surfing blog land during the hurricane. I found it here. You take a wood cutout, scrapbook paper, Modge podge, paintbrush and a few embellishments and you have a cute pumpkin. I found all my supplies at Michael's.
Isn't he cute. I think I will be going back and getting more seasonal items to make like this.
And this was my sons teacher gift. I found the idea here. He had taken it to school and pulled it out of his backpack to show it off to his friends and CRASH it smashed to pieces all over the sidewalk. So I have ordered another vinyl to make a new one. You can order one from this Esty store. The vase and clear wrap is from the Dollar Tree, pencils from Sam's and ribbon is from my stash.
What have you made lately?
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
I have one book up for grab this month. Its a paperback book that I received in a swap. Its in good condition.
Synopsis from Barnes and Noble
Fed up with her moody teenage daughter, Meg Addams decides what they both need is a good dose of suburban wholesomeness. But when they leave Manhattan behind for Meg's humble blue-collar hometown, they find it crowded with wealthy strangers and upscale boutiques. Settling into a creaky fixer-upper, Meg finally spots a familiar face right next door--and it belongs to none other than Sam Rooney. The would-be love of Meg's high school life is now a single dad, her daughter's new soccer coach--and a neighborly ghost-buster whenever things go bump in the night. With three kids and an undeniable attraction between them, Meg and Sam are in for some heart-racing, wee-hour encounters that have nothing to do with spirits...but everything to do with hearts.
Here are the rules to enter. Yes, there are some rules!
If you win this book you must host a giveaway on your blog. If you don't have a blog then you will give the book to a local shelter, library, etc.
You do not need a blog to participate. If you don't have one just please leave your e-mail so that in the event you should win I can get a hold of you.
You need to leave a comment to this post by Monday, October 27Th.
I will randomly draw a name on Tuesday, October 28 and post the winner here. Also, I will contact the winner by e-mail or blog.
Please click over to Overwhelmed with Joy to see the many other book exchanges happening this month.
Thanks for playing and Good Luck!
Saturday, October 04, 2008
You need a steady aim to hit the target. The younger ones are watching the older ones shoot.
After all that shooting we needed to relax on the hammock. Its hard work living in the country!
Friday, October 03, 2008
I plan to fill this cart up with all kinds of goodies on Sunday. Have a great weekend!
Thursday, October 02, 2008
2 cups of sugar
1 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks of butter
Put quartered biscuits in a bowl or bag and mix with 1 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Bring 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and butter to a boil in a saucepan or microwave. (Do not boil. You don't want the mix to caramelize.)
Put biscuits in bundt pan and pour syrup over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Wait about 10 minutes before turning pan over onto a plate to serve.