Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tablescape #9 Halloween Fun

It's almost Thursday and it's time for Tablescape Thursdays hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. I am having so much fun decorating my table. Be sure and visit Susan and see all the lovely tables for this week.

Hello and thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to share with you my ghostly table.
A full view of the table. I received the runner as a gift and I have never used a runner before. I could never get it to look right. I keep adding stuff to the center and eventually you can't see the runner. I tried to be very selective as to what I placed in the center.


The napkins and napkin rings are from Kohl's. I love shopping here for tablescape items.



The dinner plates are from Walmart after Christmas clearance.



The salad plates are from the Dollar Tree and very kid friendly.


The glasses are from Kroger. I saw them putting out their Christmas and winter glasses. I can't wait to start collecting them.


One of the tea light holders. I have had this ghost for quite some time.


The other tea light holder. I believe this one is from Hallmark a couple of years ago.

Here is the table with the lights off and the glow of the candles and center ghost. The large center ghost is my sons. It changes colors ever so often. My parents had given it to him a couple of years ago. I saw some at Target recently.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!


21 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Cute! I especially like that little ghost all lite up! Adorably halloween.

Rettabug said...

Oh my gosh....when I got to the last picture with the ghost all lit up, I gasped! This is just darling & magically spooky in a non-frightening sort of way. Well done!

♥ Rettabug

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Cynthia! Just passing by, and hope to participate someday soon!.. but wanted to tell you how CUTE I thought your Halloween table is today! I especially LOVE your ghostly centerpiece, the napkin rings.. EVERYTHING looks great! You've definitely got the holiday spirit! Happy Tablescape Thursday! ~tina

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a cute ghost all lit up! Fun tablescape -- I got two of those same plates for my grandgirls!

susan said...

Cynthia-- I have never quite gotten the hang of runners, but you did a good job! Those little glasses are the cutest! This is festive for adults and fun for kids!

Nancy said...

You will love table runners after using them a few times. I use them everywhere. Such a cute table and I love that you used your son's ghost.

Sue said...

I love the way the ghost is glowing. Your table looks so great for Halloween for kids. Very cute.

Sue

Kat said...

HI Cynthia, this is a really cute tablescape. What a great time to by plates after the holidays! though this year you can find good deals right now. That's a cute white set from Wal-Mart, I never shop there only cus Target is closer to me and I am to lazy to drive to Wally World which is always so busy! but they do have cute things there don't they. I love what you did with your Halloween Tablescape so cute!

claudie said...

Casper the friendly ghost.. I adore him. Watched all his show. every week.
Just adorable Cynthia.
Happy TT
Love Claudie
oxoxo

Natasha in Oz said...

LOVE Love love that ghost!! What a great table-very "halloweeny"(is that a word??!!)
Best wishes, NM.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love the pumpkin plates and napkin rings and I love the new glasses, start collecting, what fun

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Super cute table! I wish I had a Kroger!

Sue said...

Love the Kroger glasses....I need to run over to my store and see if they have them.....great table for children..it's so cute..

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Cynthia...

Absolutely BOOtiful!!! Hehe! I love your Halloween table, my friend...Ohhh, and I really like your new table runner! Your darling little ghosts show up so pretty against it! Love the pumpkin plates...so cute! But I think my favorite is your pretty Halloween glasses...they are the first I've seen in all the tablescapes with the Halloween theme...so pretty!!! I bet you had lots of fun putting this pretty table together...thank you for sharing it with us today!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Brenda Pruitt said...

How cute! Love the Halloween glasses.
Brenda

Marigene said...

What a happy Halloween table! So cute.

Unknown said...

OH! Spooky! :)

A very very cute table!!

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Love the ghost centre piece. So much fun! Have a great week Sherri

Maureen said...

OOOOh! I love your ghostie!

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

So cute and whimsical! Very nice!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is really cute! I didn't see it last time. I'm behind!

Katherine