Thursday, August 09, 2007

Only 8 More Days


That's all I have until I have to return back to work. I am a teacher and I have enjoyed the time off this summer but I have so much more I want to accomplish before heading back to work. One thing we will be doing next week is taking off for a few days and heading over to New Orleans. DS loves animals and watches Animal Planet quite a bit. He is enthralled with alligators and wants to go on a swamp tour. So being the great parents that we are, we are taking a trip to the Big Easy to do all the touristy things. We will be also hitting the Aquarium, Zoo and Paddle wheel boats along with eating like crazy at fabulous restaurants. We will not be on Bourbon Street! I will be taking pictures and may post some when I get back.

Tonight we are celebrating DH birthday. We will be going to a local restaurant for dinner with friends and family. He turned 40 in July but this was the only time with his work schedule that we could celebrate. Behind the restaurant is a golf driving range so the guys will be having a good time out there. My parents are making the cakes. Yes, two! DH couldn't decide so they are making a banana nut with cream cheese icing and a strawberry with cream cheese icing. For every bodies birthday in my family, my parents make their cake of choice. I have a few last minute running around to pick up some things for tonight. It's going to be fun tonight!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I have been back to school since July! I am envious of your continued time off. Our first day is August 20 and I am ready to see kids again! Have a great time with your plans.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Cynthia: I wanted to let you know you've been tagged!

Terri Steffes said...

Cynthia, to get a calendar, click on the TIME at the bottom on the clock, it takes you to the link. Its real easy to do.

How do you make a playlist of songs?