Monday, April 20, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

What a weekend! The weather was absolutely crazy! It started raining Friday til Saturday late afternoon, causing severe flooding in certain parts of my city. There were severe thunderstorms with wind, hail and tornado watches/warnings. Here are a few pictures of the front and back of my house on Saturday.
You can't tell where the street curb starts.
A raging river from my backyard across my patio.The raging river moving things around.
Friday night I took son over to the batting cages so he could practice his swing. I was impressed with the facilities at Baseball USA. I haven't been inside because dad usually takes him. His game was cancelled on Saturday so we went back over to the batting cages to practice hitting again. When we left there Saturday it was terrible getting home from all the flooding but we managed.
After the rain stopped we headed out to the movie theater to see Hannah Montana the movie with my sister and her kids. It was a cute movie and I cried! My son was embarrassed that I cried but I cry at just about anything.
Sunday we had the make up game. The Grizzlies won the game we have won every game we have played. My son was the starting pitcher and pitched two scoreless innings. I am so proud of him and so were his grandparents that came to watch. Tonight we have another game against a great team. Go Grizzlies!
Since it will just be me and my son this week for dinner since husband is working, I decided to keep it easy.

Here is our plan for the week:
Monday~Out after baseball game-Go Grizzlies!
Tuesday~Tuna Tettrazini and crescent rolls
Wednesday~Pizza and salad
Thursday~a frozen meal starter
Friday~Chicken pot pies
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

No comments: