Monday, June 25, 2007

Our Weekend

Well the rain slowed us down a bit. We have been having downpours every day. The weather has just been crazy. We had lunch at Lubys Cafeteria because kids eat free on Saturdays. WooHoo! Then DH took a nap and after the nap we headed down to Kemah Boardwalk for some fun! We had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants down there, Landry's. We stuffed ourselves. The food was delicious. Also, our view from our table was awesome. We could watch the boats leaving and coming back from the bay. After dinner we walked along the boardwalk and ended at the Stingray Reef. Here, for a fee, you can go inside and feed, touch and get soaked by some friendly stingrays. DS loved this! He didn't want to leave. Finally, we wondered over to the dancing water fountain where all the kids were running around and splashing about. They had an awesome band playing and singing. They were rocking the dock! DH and DS stayed there to watch and I ventured upstairs to the shops. Walked around and go some great ideas but didn't purchase anything this time. The weather here was nice, not a drop of rain. The sky was gray and cloudy but it held off til we left. I love going down to Kemah. I love the wind blowing in my hair, the sea breeze. I love sitting and watching the boats and people. We will definitely be going back soon.

Sunday I had to make Amish Friendship bread. My mom had given me a starter and it was ready on Friday to bake but I just didn't get around to it. So after making the bread and having a new starter I met the girls at Starbucks. We had the best time. We laughed and talked for what seemed like forever. One of my friends, LC, is going through a difficult time with her mother-in-law, who has been moved to Hospice. She and her husband need prayers! My friend, D, is trying to sell their home so they can move out to beautiful California. Do you know of anyone needing a house here in TX? And last by not least, Diva, is going for an interview at a university to start her masters while finishing up her last trimester with baby number 2. We are a crazy bunch, each of us so unique. I love them to pieces! After leaving the girls, we took Devil dog, I mean Maggie, to the dog park. She didn't seem to have as grand of a time without her sister. We were busy dodging the rain. Not much happened around the house with projects that need to get completed. I have next weekend. :)

Today due to the rain I was unable to venture out to my frequent shopping places while DS was at tutoring. Hopefully, Thursday I will be able to and will most definitely let you all know what I find.
Hope you had a fun weekend and that your week is off to a dry start!

No comments: