Thursday, September 25, 2008

Round Rock

This summer I learned so much about baseball. My son played in a summer league and we had such a great time. I even learned how to keep score in the official score book for the coach. I also learned about there are minor leagues that some players go to before moving up to the majors. I know where have I been. I like to cheer on a team but never have learned much about the sport. While Texas has two minor leagues that I found out about. So we packed up the car and went to see the Round Rock Express, which is the minor team for the Houston Astros. We had so much fun that weekend and plan to do more next summer.

While spending time in the Austin area we went to the Austin Zoo. This was a unique experience. It is much smaller than the Houston Zoo but you are so close to the animals it was exciting. Our son feeding a goat.
And no trip to the zoo is complete without a ride on the train.
Round Rock Express stadium
They even have a pool you can rent out to watch the game.
The field


Enjoying the game. It was Longhorn night and everyone was decked out in Longhorn gear, even the players had Longhorn jerseys.

No comments: