Thursday, October 18, 2007

Heavy Heart


My family and I need your prayers for a special lady and our family. My great aunt, Mom Mom, is slowly making her way to heaven. She was taken to the hospital earlier this week and has refused any help, so its a matter of days. My parents went with me and my DS to say our good byes and we love you. She is very special to me. She placed me in my parents arms when I was a baby. She found me a loving home with wonderful parents to raise me. I grew in my moms heart not in her belly. She has always had a special place in my heart and life, as I had with her. She took care of me when I was little when my mom was very ill at times. I have gone on vacations with them and we celebrated special moments together. My heart is heavy. I don't want her to go for selfish reasons but I know she is headed for a much better place where there is no pain and suffering.
The above birdhouse wreath was painted by my DS. He wanted me to showcase his art project. I had picked up this wreath and a couple more many years ago. I had painted two, one for my mom and one for my sister for Mother's Day several years ago. I had two more sitting in the garage. Well, this summer was a wet one and DS needed indoor activities. So one afternoon, I dragged out the paints and paintbrushes and he went to town. He loves to craft when I pull out all my stuff. My sweet budding artist!

6 comments:

lisagh said...

My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Diane said...

I am so very sorry that you are going through this with your MomMom. You will be in my prayers. Tell your son he did a wonderful job on that birdhouse wreath. You have a very talented young man there :)Hugz, Diane

Carrie said...

My heart goes out to you at this very difficult time. May God give you the peace and acceptance you need to see you through.

Terri Steffes said...

I will pray for both you and Mom Mom. What a special lady. I love the birdhouse wreath. Tooo cool.

madge said...

To you & yours, my thoughts.

Dena said...

My prayers are with you and your MomMom.

Huge hugs,
Dena