Saturday, October 06, 2007

More Dishes

Here is my china cabinet in our breakfast/kitchen area. I saw this at an antique store in the Heights and wanted it. So home it came with me! I have enjoyed filling it with my lovely depression glass. These are the dishes on the lower shelf in the white cabinet. Red is one of my favorite colors. I love my Ruby Red dishes! I have been picking up most of the pieces from the Lion Club Market Days in Wimberly, TX or local antique stores. I collect the square plates and they are much more difficult to find.

This cabinet is in my formal dining room. It houses our wedding china. I love the pattern. It's called La Prada by Nortiake. It is discontinued and hard to locate pieces to add to my collection. I seem to have that problem with all my dish collections, very hard to find. The base is cream colored with little flowers of pinks and blues around the edge.

On the top shelf, I have a large platter and the cute salt and pepper shakers. In the middle is my Waterford sugar shaker. Everyone should have one of these! Also you can see my crystal. It's called Antique Lace by Mikasa. So lovely with the gold rim and flowers etched around the top.Next shelf is the lovely creamer and sugar, along with our wedding topper. This is our second topper. The first Llardo topper fell off the cake at the reception and broke into tiny pieces. Completely my fault since I didn't tell the cake lady about my topper and she hadn't prepared the cake. So my great aunt Mom Mom who purchased the first one for us bought us another to replace the broken one. It is now discontinued and no longer available.More serving pieces and the salt and pepper shakers for my depression glass pattern Adam.The bottom shelf has cups and saucers along with the vase, pitcher and creamer and sugar for the depression glass Adam.

Thanks for taking the tour of my china cabinets. I would love to see yours!

5 comments:

madge said...

ahhhh, heaven!

can't wait to see your pyrex! ;)

Diane said...

Love all your goodies! Thanks for sharing the pics. Diane

Terri Steffes said...

I love your cabinets. I wish I had cabinets to show my dishes in!

Dena said...

What a lovely collection of cranberry glass you have! I have some very special pieces that my MIL gave me several years ago. I need to dig those out and display them! Thanks for sharing your pretty display

Carrie said...

Check my post for Oct 9. It shows a new pine hutch I just found at a consignment shop. My breakfront in the Dining Room needs dusting so I cannot photograph it yet!