Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Milk Glass

I lucked into collecting milk glass. My parents had a set of 4 place settings and various other pieces. I had always admired them. Well, when I got married and my mom was cleaning out her cupboards she asked if I would like them. I immediately said yes! I have been adding pieces here and there. Awhile back I found some luncheon plates at several local thrift store. I hardly use these plates because I had made dinner for my in-laws when I first got married and had set the table with the lovely milk glass, I put the hot food on the plate and it cracked. Two plates destroyed! Do you think it was a sign? I use the serving pieces occasionally but I love looking at it the most. I love white dishes. OK, I love all dishes! Here are several of my pieces displayed in and on top of my cabinet. I have a large box of pieces stored away because I have no room to keep it all out.

4 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Goodness, girl, I just inherited two milk glass pieces from my grandmother. I think I have pictures of them at home. I love your collection, though!

Dena said...

What a fabulous collection! I love milkglass too and I've been adding pieces here and there. I find it difficult to tell what's real though. I guess I have some learning to do.

Hugs,
Dena

tommie said...

what a great collection....I am a dish lover as well...our last move I had about 16 dishpacks. I think the norm is like 9....oops!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Wow! You have a great collection! I love the story about your mother giving these to you as well as the depression glass story. What wonderful treasures to have and to pass on. xo, Becky