Sunday, October 21, 2007

KIDPROV


Saturday, I went to a Gifted and Talented Training and I had so much fun! Usually teacher trainings are not that exciting or interesting especially when you have to give up your Saturday. This group of three men formed Kidprov. They promote improvisational comedy with edutainment value. Let me back up and share some background information. I love comedy. My DH and I attended many comedy shows during college while dating and after we got married. We would stay up late and giggle while watching it on TV. Slowly comedy started to get dirty with the use of profanity and we stopped watching. Then Whose Line Is It Anyway came on TV and we were hooked. Think of that show and that was how the workshop was on Saturday. I thought I was taking a comedy class. They pulled volunteers from the audience and had them play the different warm ups and games. One of my favorites was Morph. This game was so much fun! The guy would bring out an ordinary object, like a box, picture frame, etc. and you had to use it in a different way. We were all laughing so hard we were crying. I needed this so much this weekend. To all my teacher friends and principals these guys will come to your school and do assemblies for students and teachers. Through improv, Kidprov establishes a highly interactive environment whereby participants learn through multiple learning modalities. Kidprov's classroom tested improvisational activities are easily applied by classroom teachers and are readily adaptable to all grade levels and subject matter. Their website is http://www.kidprov.com/ . They did say that their website was not spectacular and would be updated it soon.
Hope you had a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Sounds like fun! I am not too into assemblies and things but I love the way this one sounds!

Diane said...

Sounds like you had a fun training session. That's the best kind :o) Diane