Sunday, October 28, 2007

Two Weddings~The First One

We have had two weddings and a funereal this month! I love attending weddings to see the newest trends and ideas that Brides come up with. I had so much fun planning my wedding with my mom. Our budget didn't allow us to have a planner so we had to do it all ourselves.



The first wedding was a friend from church. The decorations in the church were minimal. The bridesmaids wore chocolate brown full length gowns and carried a fall cluster of flowers. The wedding cake was not tiered but on different level cake stands tied with sheer ribbon. The grooms cake was a tree stump with their initials carved on the side. Opposite the room was a table for punch and a table with fruits. The fruit table had caramel apples mixed in for a nice Fall treat. The reception was held in our Church's gym and yards and yards of materials hung from the walls to make it look like a tent. The favor was a fall cellophane bag fill with an assortment of wrapped candies. Birdseed was thrown as the couple left in a Black Hummer. They will be honeymooning on their way to Oregon to visit the grooms family and then settling down in the Dallas area. I was so busy visiting with my girlfriends, the Brides' sisters, from out of town that I didn't snap many pictures.

3 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Sounds beautifully simple and fitting for the season! Love the table with all the grapes! Luscious!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Dena said...

What a pretty table! I love all of the fall colors. Carmel apples, what a fabulous idea!

Hugs,
Dena

Terri Steffes said...

You know I am scouting out these ideas! Our wedding in March is rapidly approaching!