Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Mom Mom

Hazell Iris Trussel Denson was born in Houston on the 30th of October 1918 and died peacefully at home on the 21st of October 2007. Our beloved Mommom was preceded in death by her husband of 52 years, Carl T. Denson, Jr and daughter Diane Denson Tobola. She is survived by her two daughters, and son-in-law, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and numerous nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. The service was lovely. Two granddaughters sang, Two grand children read a scripture and poem and one great-grand daughter read scripture. One grand son officiated the service. After the service we went to the graveside service and then over to the family's house for lunch and visiting. I am emotionally drained.


Thank you for all your kind words and prayers. They meant the world to me. I was able to make it through the service with little tears and I know it was due to all of you out there.


Below are a couple of photos taken growing up with my Mommom and Poopa. I have lots more but they are stuck in an old photo album and I need to figure out how to get them out without tearing the picture. My mom was the photographer and she always seemed to cut heads off or bodies.

Have a peaceful evening!

7 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Heartfelt sympathy and prayers for you and your family. I lost my mom two months ago so can understand, maybe, some of what you are going through.

Wish there were more and better words.

Always in Him,

Julie

Diane said...

Hi Cynthia. I'm glad you were able to make it through the service okay. I know your MomMom would be proud of you. Sending you a hug. Diane

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I am so sorry to hear about your lose. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
ginger

Terri Steffes said...

God bless you sweetie. I lost my dad in March, seems like yesterday. I am hugging you through cyberspace.

Dianne said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My friend lost her mom on the same day.
We call our grandmoms 'Mom mom' too.

Julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but don't you count yourself blessed to have had them in your life for so long!! My daughters called my MIL Mom-Mom.

(((hugs)))

Carlee said...

Amazing where one ends up on the internet. I don't even know how I found your site. You were very special to Mommom. I have already packed four sets of milk glass and there is more in the garage. Love you, Carlee